Are you looking for a straightforward 2023’s latest comparison of PUBG vs Free Fire vs Fortnite users in the world and some other stats too?
If yes, then this is the most comprehensive article providing a comprehensive study that includes the revenue and stats of these top three games.
The gaming market is highly competitive, especially in this era where tech development is at its peak. Only the best game development companies survive in this competitive and fast-growing market PUBG, Free Fire and Fortnite are among those games. Let us see the quick statistics of all three games quickly.
- Key Statistics Of PUBG Vs Free Fire Vs Fortnite Users In World
- User Statistics: Pubg, FreeFire, Fortnite
- Pubg Vs FreeFire Vs Fortnite Revenue
- Audience Demographics
- Conclusion: PUBG Vs Free Fire Vs Fortnite Users In World
- Check Stats Of Other Services Also
Key Statistics Of PUBG Vs Free Fire Vs Fortnite Users In World
- In July 2023, PUBG had more than 287 million average monthly players and 19 million-plus daily active players worldwide.
- In July 2023, FreeFire had more than 194 million average monthly players and 12.9 million-plus daily active players worldwide.
- In July 2023, Fortnite had almost 239 million average monthly players and 15.9 million-plus daily active players worldwide.
- Free Fire peaked at 150 million daily active players in 2021.
- As per Sensor Tower report of June 2023, PUBG Mobile has crossed $10 billion-plus lifetime revenue.
Let us know a little bit of essential information about all three games which will help in understanding the different statistics of these gaming apps.
PUBG stands for Player’s Unknown Battlegrounds, it is a multiplayer battle royal game where up to one hundred players can play at once and the best player who survives at the end is declared the winner.
- Headquarter: Seoul, South Korea
- Release Date: December 2017
- Developer: PUBG Studios
- Publisher: Krafton
- Founder: Brendan Greene.
It is one of the earliest launched battle royal games. Free Fire offers a set of characters that are not available in PUBG (it allows only changing of appearance). Free Fire can also work smoothly on low-end devices. It became the most downloaded game globally in 2019.
- Headquarter: Singapore
- Release Date: September 2017
- Developer: 111dots Studios
- Publisher: Garena
- Founder: Forest Li.
Fortnite is an online multiplayer survival video game that is very similar to PUBG. Here players have to fight zombie-like creatures, game comes with excellent design with evolving features and weekly challenges.
- Headquarter: Cary, North Carolina
- Release Date: July 2017
- Developer: Epic Games and People Can Fly
- Publisher: Epic Games
- Founder: Tim Sweeney
User Statistics: Pubg, FreeFire, Fortnite
All three, PUBG, Free Fire, and Fortnite are among the list of best and most played battle royal games and hence they enjoy a considerable player base around the world. Check out the usage statistics of all three given below.
How many users play PUBG?
The average monthly users and average daily PUBG users for all months of the last year are listed below as per the data provided by Active Player.
These are PUBG active monthly and daily users.
|Month||Average Monthly Players||Average Daily Players|
|Last 30 Days||294,036,613||19,602,441|
|July 30, 2023||287,707,058||19,180,471|
|June 30, 2023||284,295,512||18,953,034|
|May 30, 2023||288,859,492||19,257,299|
|April 30, 2023||289,731,584||19,315,438|
|March 30, 2023||292,325,805||19,488,387|
|February 28, 2023||293,208,363||19,547,224|
|January 30, 2023||283,905,547||23,658,795|
|December 30, 2022||283,055,680||23,587,973|
|November 30, 2022||281,699,805||23,474,983|
|October 30, 2022||286,005,231||23,833,769|
|September 30, 2022||285,473,910||23,789,492|
|August 30, 2022||284,119,596||23,676,633|
|July 30, 2022||289,547,994||24,128,999|
|June 30, 2022||295,110,593||24,592,549|
|May 30, 2022||304,581,807||25,381,817|
How many users play FreeFire?
Garena FreeFire was the fourth most downloaded mobile game globally at Google Play Store in the 1st six months of 2023, as per Statista.
As of July 2023, Free Fire had more than 12 million daily active players and 194 million-plus monthly active players.
In the second quarter of 2021, FreeFire had a record of 150 million daily active players.
Latest FreeFire monthly and daily active users:
|Month||Average Monthly Players||Daily Active Players|
|Last 30 Days||195,708,068||13,047,205|
|July 30, 2023||194,347,635||12,956,509|
|June 30, 2023||192,233,071||12,815,538|
|May 30, 2023||187,911,116||12,527,408|
|April 30, 2023||189,270,07||12,618,005|
|March 30, 2023||190,166,049||12,677,737|
|February 28, 2023||191,541,316||12,769,421|
|January 30, 2023||186,554,086||15,546,174|
|December 30, 2022||186,014,476||15,501,206|
|November 30, 2022||187,988,905||15,665,742|
|October 30, 2022||189,712,644||18,338,889|
|September 30, 2022||190,522,602||17,782,110|
|August 30, 2022||191,741,955||19,174,196|
|July 30, 2022||194,971,061||22,746,624|
|June 30, 2022||194,971,061||22,746,624|
|May 30, 2022||197,968,059||23,096,274|
How many users play Fortnite?
According to Active Player, Fortnite has 15 million-plus daily active players and almost 239 million monthly active users as of July 2023. Check for other months in the table below.
The table below shows Fortnite monthly users or players. You can also see the average daily active users of Fortnite.
|Month||Average Monthly Players||Daily Active Players|
|Last 30 Days||237,524,910||15,834,994|
|July 30, 2023||239,199,305||15,946,620|
|June 30, 2023||242,989,948||16,199,330|
|May 30, 2023||234,546,282||15,636,419|
|April 30, 2023||233,068,627||15,537,908|
|March 30, 2023||237,360,837||15,824,056|
|February 28, 2023||235,865,450||15,724,363|
|January 30, 2023||252,600,145||25,260,015|
|December 30, 2022||251,656,507||25,165,651|
|November 30, 2022||250,144,756||25,014,476|
|October 30, 2022||251,025,598||25,102,560|
|September 30, 2022||253,565,010||29,582,585|
|August 30, 2022||257,404,123||27,456,440|
|July 30, 2022||255,014,413||28,051,585|
|June 30, 2022||264,501,166||30,858,469|
|May 30, 2022||269,155,466||24,223,992|
Pubg Vs FreeFire Vs Fortnite Revenue
Read the revenue generated by PUBG, Free Fire, and Fortnite over the recent years that are discussed below.
- Till the end of the 1st quarter of 2023, PUBG generated revenue of $407.8 million, a growth of 13.7% QoQ and 3% YoY.
- PUBG Battlegrounds PC sales were $135 million till the 1st quarter of 2023 which is almost 28% more than the last quarter.
- PUBG Mobile recorded a revenue of $1.47 billion in the year 2022.
Note: The above-mentioned revenues do not include the China version, ‘Game for Peace’. But the below mentioned includes it.
- The lifetime revenue of PUBG mobile surpassed $10 billion as per Sensor Tower till June 2023 and it is the second game in the list of games that have achieved this mark.
Free Fire Revenue
Free Fire is more popular in the Asia region but it was banned by the Indian Government in Feb 2022 and hence it lost many users. However, another enhanced version of Free Fire Max is still available in India.
- Free Fire generated a revenue of $443 million in 2022 and thus generating a lifetime revenue of more than $4.44 billion.
- Free Fire overtook PUBG Mobile as the top-grossing mobile battle royal game in the US by generating $100 million.
- Till the end of last year, 2022, Fortnite generated $6.1 billion in annual revenue.
- In the year 2021, the annual revenue generated was $5.8 billion.
- Fortnite was removed from both Google Play Store and Apple Store in 2020, and even after this incident, Fortnite Mobile was able to surpass the lifetime revenue of $1 billion.
Check the chief demographics that talk about the majority groups playing these three games based on age, gender, and other factors.
PUBG Audience Stats
- US has the most online players of PUBG, with more than 17% of the total community members. The US is followed by India and Brazil with around 8% and 6.5% respectively.
- The 18 to 25 age group represents the majority and 26 to 35 comes next. This data is taken from the poll of a small group on Reddit, so there is a possibility that there may be a slight mismatch.
- In the US, more than 57%PUBG mobile players are men and the remaining are women.
FreeFire Audience Stats
- There are no accurate demographics of Free Fire available anywhere on the Internet, but based on our research and estimates, around 70% of Free Fire players are males and the rest are females.
Note: Players’ demographics are not released by Garena, the parent company of Free Fire and hence the data that is mentioned around the Google results are just estimates that have a high chance of being incorrect.
Fortnite Audience Stats
- 18 to 24 aged Fortnite players are the highest, around 67% and followed by the 25 to 34 aged group with 22%.
- Around 90% of the Fortnite players are males and the rest are females.
- Fortnite has more than 400 million registered users as of now and around half of them come from the UK.
Conclusion: PUBG Vs Free Fire Vs Fortnite Users In World
The data of PUBG vs Free Fire vs Fortnite users globally are taken from multiple trusted sources. However, there are some contradictions among the various sources, the most trusted ones are selected for this article. All three, PUBG, Free Fire, and Fortnite are the main games that brought a revolution in the mobile gaming industry especially PUBG and Free Fire.
Want some more data or found any mismatch in data? Tell us in the comment section below.
Check Stats Of Other Services Also
- Minecraft: Users, Revenue and Usage Statistics (2023)
- Patreon Users, Statistics & Revenue Analysis: 2023
- Snapchat Active Users 2023: Accurate Monthly And Daily Stats
- Facebook stats, users, and revenue
- Snapchat statistics
- Coinbase Stats
About Author: Vishesh Gupta
Seasoned Professional with 15 years of experience in Sales and Marketing. Entrepreneur, Consultant and Blogger helping people earn through jobs and blogging. Experienced Hosting Reviewer who likes to collect detailed info about existing players and share it with my audience. Previously worked with leading Banks and Telecom Companies.
I completed my Masters in Management with specialization in Finance and Marketing.
Visit our Hosting Review and Blogging Guide for more interesting articles.