Check out the latest ChatGPT detectors on this page, some of the best AI text detectors.
In most cases, AI violates Google guidelines and hence you need an AI detector to detect AI written content.
You should be aware of the output quality of your AI content generation tools, and this can be achieved by performing a check of the AI content from the following listed “8 best AI detection tools”.
Many readers may get a question in their mind, “why use AI content detectors?” This can be explained by the recent advancements and overuse of AI in the content-generating industry, which often produces lower-quality content which is easily detected by popular search engines like Google, and ultimately growth gets retarded.
These AI detectors help detect AI-written content and suggest the necessary changes to avoid any kind of penalties from search engines.
Quick Comparison Of AI Detections That We Recommend
Get an instant overview of all 8 listed AI content detector tools from the table below.
|Tools||Free Limit||Chrome Extension||Price|
|1. AI Detector Pro||Up to 40000 characters||Not available||Free|
|2. Originality.AI||No Free Plan||Available||$0.01/100 words|
|3. Content at Scale||Up to 2500 characters||Not available||Free|
|4. Writer.com||Up to 350 words||Available (but not for AI detection, only grammar checking feature is there)||$18/users/mo|
|5. GPTZero||Up to 5000 characters||Not available||Free|
|6. GLTR||Up to 750 words||Not available||Free|
|7. Sapling||Up to 444 words||Available (but not for AI detection, only grammar checking feature is there)||Free|
|8. Crossplag||Unlimited||Not available||Free|
9 Best AI Detection Tools To Use
Below are the 8 best AI checker tools to use both in the free and premium segments.
1. AIDetector.pro – Best AI Detector To Trace Latest AI Technology
AI Detector Pro is our very first recommendation as its specifically designed to detect ChatGPT-generated content. It deeply scans your content to catch patterns and algorithms of GPT-2, GPT-3, GPT-Neo, GPT-J, and the latest GPT-4 modules.
Today, if you are hiring a writer, there are chances that they are using ChatGPT-based tools such as Bing, Writesonic, Jasper, Google’s Bard, and so on. We don’t pay them for this.
Tracking the originality becomes an issue in the creative writing industry when you have tools like ChatGPT. But, now you don’t have to worry about that. AIDetector Pro will help you figure out the wrongdoings of your writers.
- Easy to use
- API access is available.
- You can also check published content through the URL.
- Checks both Human and AI written content.
- Helpful reports showing AI percentages and highlighted AI content.
- Reports can be customized by your brand name and logo.
- Variety of tools such as a website status checker, QR generator, content converters, and so on.
AI Detector Pro has both free and paid versions. For the Free version, you have 3 credits per month but if you go for the paid version, you can get unlimited credits at a little cost.
The paid plans start at $13.99 per month.
2. Originality.AI – Best Premium AI Content Detector
We use this tool ourselves and it is top of a shelf product currently.
It is itself an AI that has been trained to detect the contents generated from the widely used AI content generation technology which is GPT – 3, GPT – 3.5, or tools like ChatGPT.
- Detects both AI-generated content and plagiarism
- The average accuracy in detecting AI content is more than 94%
- Scan the entire website by putting the URL
- API key access is available for AI detection
- Easy-to-use Chrome extension
- Unlimited team members, unlimited scan & automatic billing.
Also, read our in-depth Originality.AI review.
This tool costs $0.01 per credit, where 1 credit scans 100 words. You can get a few credits for free by installing the Chrome extension of Originality AI. Accuracy and affordability make it the best AI content detection tool.
3. Content at Scale – Best Free AI Detector For Beginners
It is one of the most advanced SEO-driven content automation platforms, you can create content from its AI and can also check the originality from its AI content detector which is available at zero cost.
This tool is basically used by bloggers for generating fully ready-to-publish blog posts. However, if you use any other AI tool for writing content you can use its AI content checker tool only.
- Supports the detection of up to 2500 characters at a time
- Displays the result in the form of a ‘Human Content Score’
- API available on request
This tool is available for free to everyone.
Note: Only the AI content detection feature of “Content at Scale” is free, other features like keyword research, and AI blog post generation come with premium plans.
4. Writer.com – Best Freemium AI Content Detector
Just like the ‘Content at Scale’ this platform also works on an automated content generation strategy where an AI content detector is one of its features.
In the snapshot above you can see how accurate this tool is, as the input text was generated by an AI writing tool, and it showed almost the whole result very close to the real one.
- Can analyze the text by both, URL and text
- API available for bulk AI detection
- Chrome extension available
- Shows the result in the form of the percentage of content created by human
The basic checks of up to 350 words for AI detection are free, but if you want to detect the AI content in bulk or more words then you need to opt for its ‘Team’ plan, which costs $18 per user per month.
5. GPTZero: Best Free Tool For ChatGPT Content Detection
This tool was just created by a university student for experimental purposes, but it went viral on Twitter, and the craze for this tool grew enormously.
Its output is quite difficult to understand if you want detailed paragraph-wise results, it sounds more like a mathematics theorem. But for overall results, it simply tells whether the content is likely to be generated by AI or humans. So, if you like solving riddles go for it as it isn’t that tough to understand.
- Supports the detection of up to 5000 characters at a time
- Allows the upload action of pdf or docx files to check for AI content
- Detects the AI-generated content, especially by ChatGPT
- It detects the texts based on their perplexity and burstiness
- In general, the texts with lower perplexity are like to be generated by AI
- Shows the sentence-wise perplexity in the form of a bar graph.
GPTZero is available free of cost and the same applies for the future as stated by Edward Tian, the creator of GPTZero.
Stands for Giant Language model Test Room, it has the most scientific and depth approach to detecting AI content.
The platform was created in a collaboration with the data scientists and professors of MIT and Harvard NLP.
However, the outputs are quite complex to understand but it will be a piece of cake if you are into NLP or related AI technologies.
- Works for all language models except the new launches like ChatGPT where the result may not be accurate because of the recent advanced technologies that mimic human writing.
- Highlights the output in different colors, where each color indicates something. For example, if the yellow or green color is too much it shows the content is generated by AI.
- Also shows the output in the form of bar graphs.
GLTR is a completely free tool to detect AI content.
Sapling is an AI-based chat assistant and grammar checker that also offers a much advanced AI content detection feature.
This tool is well-developed to detect even the most advanced recent models like GPT2, GPT3, or ChatGPT.
- Shows the result as the probability of the content written by a machine or human
- Gives more accurate results for greater than 50 words
- It also shows the token count (word count)
- Planning to add new features like highlighting the AI written line with red color to get a more in-depth report
Till now the AI detection tool of Sapling is available for free. But other features like grammar checking and chat assistance have both free and paid plans.
8. Crossplag – Best Free AI Content Detector
Crossplag is basically a plagiarism checker tool that has the most advanced AI detection service in the list of free tools.
Check the snapshot above where it 100% accurately showed that the content is written by AI whereas other free tools were not that accurate.
However, it is not possible to give the results accurately every time, but still, the result always remains near the original.
- Shows the result in the form of a percentage
- A higher percentage represents the more chances of the content written by AI
- Most simple interface that can be understood by anybody, unlike GLTR and GPTZero where the interface is quite difficult to interpret for many.
Crossplag provides instant and unlimited access to its AI content detector for free, all you need to do is just sign up there with your email.
The most popular tool for checking plagiarism, especially in academics has recently launched its AI content detector.
This AI detection tool is entirely free, check more features below.
- Multi-language AI content detection tool
- High accuracy of more than 99%
- Free Chrome extension for AI detection is separately available
- API to connect with other workflows like ChatGPT or Jasper AI.
The AI content detection tool of Copyleaks is completely free and does not even require sign-up.
Purpose Of AI Content or GPT Detector Tools: Are They Worth Using?
Now you may think why do you need these AI detectors, and do they really work? Well with the increased use of AI to scale the business many marketers, bloggers and publishers started using AI to generate contents that are close to human writing.
But the content generated by using AI is somehow having a fixed recognized style and many times the meaning or factualness of the content gets disappeared.
So, to check whether the content is original, website buyers, bloggers, educators, or publishers need these tools to check the accuracy of the content or to find whether it can affect your search engine rankings.
In my opinion, if you use free or paid best AI writers or assistants like Jasper AI, Rytr, ChatGPT, etc. You should definitely try these tools to check whether they can detect your AI text or not and make the changes in the text till these tools stop detecting AI-generated texts.
Limitations Of AI Detection Tools
- They are not 100% accurate
- Many tools fail to detect the recently launched language models like GPT-3
- Since AI writers are bringing new models every day because of this the AI detectors are getting outdated
- Many of the tools that deliver the best services are of high cost.
Know What Google Says On AI-Generated Content
This is slowly becoming a trend to get content written by AI and publish them on the web. Initially, this technique worked to rank the articles, but Google has made many advanced changes that can counter your AI content and penalize it.
Google considers AI-generated content as spam, and it goes against their webmaster guidelines. So, one should be very careful using AI content as violating the guidelines of Google can lead to penalizing the whole site and you will lose all your search engine rankings.
As per Google, AI is ok when your content meets Helpful content guidelines. AI tools if you are using them, ensure the human touch is given, and proper value addition is done by the writer.
During English Google SEO office hours (check the video attached above) when a question was asked about GPT-3 content then Google’s Search Advocate John Mueller replied that these AI-generated texts lie in the automated content category and that automated content is always against the webmaster’s guidelines.
Can Google Detect AI-Generated Content?
No doubt, Google can easily detect AI content if any AI text detector can check then Google is more advanced than it.
Although, there is not a solid claim by Google regarding its capability of detecting AI content.
But there is also a catch if the content written by AI is not polished properly then it is much simple for search engines to know about AI text, but if it is edited or written with some good AI writing assistants with some human editing then it becomes difficult to detect the AI texts.
How Does Google Detect AI Content?
Not only Google many times you too can detect AI-generated content it is because of the fixed patterns that AI writing assistants follow.
Google can catch you generating and publishing the AI content because of the AI styles of writing, as they generally take the results from top-ranked pages and put that information into the newly AI-generated text also the AI words are very predictable considering a fixed language models like GPT-2 or others.
But the newly launched models like GPT-3 are somehow a little advanced where text prediction isn’t that easy.
Additionally, Google has an algorithm to find AI-generated published content where AI plagiarism is the key for Google.
Demerits Of AI Generated Content
- AI contents mostly have plagiarism
- Includes only that information, that is available on top-ranked pages, it can’t write the information out of the box
- Sometimes the meaning of the context is not clear, irrelevant information is also included
- Because of the fixed pattern, Google can detect and penalize the site for publishing AI-generated content
- Lacks human emotions and tone in the texts.
Read all our AI related posts:
- Originality.AI Review 2023: Is This AI Detector Any Good?
- 8 Best AI Detector 2023 To Find AI Content: Free & Paid Tools
- Writesonic Free Trial 2023: Free 6250 Words, NO Credit Card
- 10 Best AI Text to Video Generators (Best Tools For 2023)
- How Does Paraphrase Tool Help To Write SEO-Friendly Content?
- Jasper AI Review 2023: My Opinion Basis 12 Months Experience
- Jasper AI Free Trial 2024: Test For 7 Days & Unlimited Words
- Best Apps For Writers & Writing A Book [Free & Paid]
- Best Paraphrasing Tools, Article Spinner & Rewriters Online For 2023
- Rytr Lifetime Deal 2023: Grab All-in-one Copywriting Tool
FAQs: Best AI Detection Tools In 2023
1. What are AI detection tools?
These are the tools that are trained using the algorithms of Natural Language Processing (NLP) models same on which the popular AI writing assistants such as Jasper AI or ChatGPT work.
The sole purpose of these tools is to check whether the texts are written by humans or generated using an AI machine.
2. Who should use AI content detection tools?
Those who generate and publish AI content on the web, website owners, and content agencies, can check and verify the authenticity through these tools.
3. Are these AI detection tools 100% accurate?
Not a single tool has claimed 100% accuracy till now, but there are several tools that claim an accuracy of over 90%.
4. What are some best AI detection tools?
Originality.AI – Best paid AI detection tool
Crossplag & Content at Scale – Best Free AI detection tool.
Conclusion: Best AI Text Detector
AI writing tools are in trend to generate texts by marketers to save time but in the meanwhile search engines are also getting advanced to detect these automated contents so you can avoid the risk of getting penalties by using these AI detection tools.
If you write your articles yourself then you may skip these tools, but if you get your content written by writers or agencies you should definitely try any of these tools to know the originality. There are many free AI detection tools that are highly accurate and work well on GPT-3 also.
About Author: Vishesh Gupta
Seasoned Professional with 15 years of experience in Sales and Marketing. Entrepreneur, Consultant and Blogger helping people earn through jobs and blogging. Experienced Hosting Reviewer who likes to collect detailed info about existing players and share it with my audience. Previously worked with leading Banks and Telecom Companies.
I completed my Masters in Management with specialization in Finance and Marketing.
Visit our Hosting Review and Blogging Guide for more interesting articles.