This article has a well-researched study that provides you with the “cheapest VPS” hosting services for 2024. All cheap VPS we have mentioned offer flexibility to choose an OS like Linux or Windows.
Not only that, they are also highly affordable without compromising on power, server, and overall performance.
Let us now quickly get back to the topic and find the VPS services which are the cheapest and recommended as per our hosting comparative study.
- Best Cheap VPS Hosting Services (Windows & Linux) 2024
- 1. Hostens VPS [Starting $1.80]
- 2. Hostinger VPS [Starting $2.99] Cheap Linux Server
- 3. IONOS VPS
- 4. InterServer [Starting $6.00] Windows and Linux Server
- 5. NameCheap VPS [Starting $7.88] Linux Server
- 6. ScalaHosting [Starting- $29.95] Windows and Linux Server
- Bonus Recommendation: High Performing Liquid Web [Starting $15.00] Windows and Linux Server
- Cheap Windows VPS Hosting That We Recommend
- Cheap Linux VPS Hosting That We Recommend
- Price Vs Features Comparison for Affordable VPS Providers
- FAQs about Cheapest VPS
- Facts About VPS
- Cheap Vs Costly VPS: Should You Buy a Cheap VPS?
- Conclusion: Which VPS Host is the Cheapest in 2023?
Best Cheap VPS Hosting Services (Windows & Linux) 2024
We have the Top 6 Cheap yearly VPS plans (monthly mode also available) that will suit your requirements and help you choose the one. This helpful article is prepared basis the experience and study we conducted while comparing over 100 hosting companies.
From these 100 services, we have shortlisted 6 VPS hosting providers that we believe are the low-cost and still fast.
1. Hostens Cheapest VPS [Starting $1.80] Windows and Linux VPS Servers
Hostens is the cheapest VPS hosting from Lithuania with a considerable number of customers across Europe. Hostens’ parent company “Interneto Vizija” was founded in 2003 and later it became the largest web hosting provider in 2005.
With its user-oriented approach, feature-packed plans, and pocket-friendly pricing, it might be one of the best hosting solutions for newcomers.
Honestly speaking, for someone upgrading from shared hosting to cheap Linux VPS or Windows, Hostens offers speed, choice of server locations, and more bandwidth.
It provides the cheapest VPS plans as surveyed throughout the web.
Features of Hostens VPS
Here is some important information that helps you pick the best budget VPS.
- Uptime is 99.95%.
- Small Linux VPS Plan provides 20GB disc space, 2TB bandwidth, 2GB RAM memory, 1 CPU core.
- Medium Linux VPS provides 40GB disc space, 4TB bandwidth, 4GB RAM memory, 1 CPU core.
- Large Linux VPS provides 80GB disc space, 8TH bandwidth, 8GB RAM memory, and 2 CPU cores.
- Small Windows VPS offers 40GB disc space, 2TB bandwidth, 2GB RAM memory, 1 CPU core.
- Medium Windows VPS offers 60GB disc space, 4TB bandwidth, 4GB RAM memory, 1 CPU core.
- Large Windows VPS offers 80GB disc space, 8TH bandwidth, 8GB RAM memory, and 2 CPU cores.
- All plans provide daily/ weekly backups and options between cPanel/ Plesk/ DirectAdmin but at an additional cost.
Pricing of Hostens VPS
Hostens VPS pricing is pretty simple. They allow you to buy the plan for 1 month with no discount, 1 year with a 50% discount, 2 years with a 60% discount, and 3 years with a maximum of 70% discount.
However these discounts are valid only for a few days, Check the current deals here.
|Hostens Linux VPS||Hostens Windows VPS|
- Daily and weekly backups are provided- $12.00 annually.
- Fast SSD storage- $12.00 annually.
- 1 Gbps port speed- $12.00 annually.
WHICH IS THE CHEAPEST VPS HOSTING PLAN BY HOSTENS?
The cheapest VPS plan by Hostens is a Small Linux VPS which is $1.80/month for a straight 3 years. We recommend choosing this plan if you are looking for the cheapest option. Otherwise, there are many more plans that can be selected.
The data centers are located in Vilnius, Lithuania. The company runs most of its data centers in the Baltic region of Europe. It is one of the biggest regions.
- If the services of Hosten do not satisfy your needs then you can take advantage of a 30 days refund policy.
- If there are any violations of the terms of service then there will be no refund.
- The 30 day money-back guarantee applies to Container VPS, Storage VPS, Linux VPS, Windows VPS, VPN, Shared Hosting, and Reseller Hosting services.
- The 30 day money-back guarantee does not apply for domains, certificates, additional IP addresses, licenses, add funds transactions, and other one-time payments.
- All refunds are processed within 3 business days.
Hostens has a global 24/7 customer support service available online anytime. All the relatable questions will be answered at the moment the question is asked.
The team can be reached via live chat or ticket.
2. Hostinger VPS [Starting $2.99] Cheap Linux Server
Hostinger International Ltd. is an employee-based web-hosting company established in 2004. It has its headquarters in Kaunas, Lithuania. It has over 29 million users. Hostinger is the parent company of 000webhost, niagahoster and weblink.
Features of Hostinger VPS
- VPS 1 offers 1GB RAM, 20GB disc space, 1TB bandwidth.
- VPS 2 offers 2GB RAM, 40GB disc space, 2TB bandwidth.
- VPS 3 offers 3GB RAM, 60GB disc space, 3TB bandwidth
- VPS 4 offers 4GB RAM, 80GB disc space, 4TB bandwidth
- VPS 5 offers 6GB RAM, 120GB disc space, 6TB bandwidth
- VPS 6 offers 8GB RAM, 160GB disc space, 8TB bandwidth.
- All plans provide dedicated IP and full root access.
- Multiple operations systems like Ubuntu, CentOS, etc.
Pricing of Hostinger VPS
Hostinger prices are not as complex as we thought. The company provides a 63% discount on VPS 1, a 58% discount on VPS 2, a 60% discount on VPS 3, a 68% discount on VPS 4, a 70% discount on VPS 5, and a 65% discount on VPS 6.
You get 30 days Free VPS trial or a money-back policy from Hostinger.
However, these discounts can be availed only for a few days. Check the deals here:
For more details: Check Cheap VPS by Hostinger Starting $3.95 Only
WHICH IS THE CHEAPEST VPS PLAN BY HOSTINGER?
As compared to Hostens, Hostinger is comparatively costly. But the cheapest plan by Hostinger is VPS 1 which is $2.99/month. It is available for 48 months. Once the payment is done no extra charges will be taken from the users.
Hostinger is a huge company. If you have been researching hosting companies, you might know that most of the hosting providers only have 2 or 3 data center locations. That’s where Hostinger wins the game.
Here, you will get more than 7 data center locations:
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Products purchased from Hostinger may be refunded only if canceled within 30 days of the date of the transaction.
- Products purchased with cryptocurrency, tokens, or digital assets will not be refunded.
- You may cancel a product at any time, but the refund will only be issued if cancellation is requested within the refund time frame, specified for the applicable product, if available at all.
Hostinger provides a 24/7 live chat support system. One can report online abuse or can ask general queries.
3. IONOS VPS
IONOS is the best web hosting cloud partner that is specially made for small businesses. According to Forbes Advisor, it is the best cheap VPS hosting service.
It is the largest European hosting company which is hosting 12M+ American and European domains with 8M+ contracts.
If you are looking for the cheapest VPS hosting, then IONOS is hands down the best choice. Because it’s starting from just $2/ month and gives you special pricing.
Features of IONOS VPS
It provides the Fast VPS with 99.99% uptime and allows you to have unlimited traffic without a single restriction.
From 10GB- 240 GB SSD storage, 512 MB-12GB RAM, and single to 8vCore CPU, it gives everything under your desired budget.
It gives you free cloud servers, domain names, cheap web hosting, single-dollar domains, and free server hosting.
Its high-profile security protects your data against DDoS and high bandwidth attacks with Firewall, SIEM, SSH keys, and Wildcard SSL.
Pricing Of IONOS VPS
Like the other two options, IONOS allows you to start with cheap options and upgrade as your traffic grows. For someone just moving ahead with shared hosting, IONOS offers budget options.
All VPS plans have more flexibility and predictability than others. You choose your plan with prepaid or postpaid billing, you can cancel or upgrade it anytime, and choose monthly or quarterly billing as per your convenience.
|M||$4/month for Semi-Annual|
|L||$8/month for Semi-Annual|
|XL||$2/month for Semi-Annual|
|XXL||$18/month for Semi-Annual|
WHICH IS THE CHEAPEST VPS HOSTING PLAN BY IONOS?
Small Linux VPS is the cheapest plan by IONOS. It gives 1 vCore CPU, 512 MB RAM, and 10 GB SSD for only $2/month for a single month of 30 days.
It has ISO-certified data centers in the US, UK, and Europe (Germany and Spain).
30 days refund policy applies as you can see in the snapshot above. Whenever you cancel your contract, you won’t be charged. You will receive an invoice and a refund for the remaining days on the cancellation date.
You can contact IONOS, on this phone no. 1-484-254-5555, whenever you are in trouble. Its contact service is available 24×7.
You can have a live chat with international support or you can simply visit the help centre.
4. InterServer [Starting $6.00] Windows and Linux Server
InterServer is an affordable, full-service, web hosting provider. Founded in 1999 by Michael Lavrik and John Quaglieri, Interserver is a New Jersey-based company that has been in gaming since then.
Initially launching as a virtual hosting account reseller, the hosting provider has grown over the past 17 years and now operates two data centers in New Jersey and is in the process of expanding to additional locations, including Los Angeles.
Features of InterServer VPS
- 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- Linux VPS plans provide 1 CPU core, 2GB RAM, 30GB SSD, and 1TB bandwidth.
- Windows VPS plan also provides 1 CPU core, 2GB RAM, 30GB SSD, and 2 TB bandwidth.
Pricing of InterServer VPS
- Linux VPS plan costs start from $6.00/month. If you want to increase CPU core, RAM and bandwidth then the prices for the same will increase up to $96/month.
2. Windows VPS plan costs start from $10.00/month. Again if you want to increase CPU core, RAM and bandwidth then the prices will increase up to $160.00/month.
WHICH IS THE CHEAPEST VPS PLAN BY INTERSERVER?
The prices of Interserver company are not as complex as they seem to be. According to my research, the cheapest plan of this company is a Linux VPS plan of $6.00/month. Also prepaying does not offer any discount on your monthly fee.
The company has recently established its two data centers in Secaucus, New Jersey, and one in Los Angeles, California.
The refund policy of this company are well stated. They say that if a customer is not satisfied for any reason then they can go to [email protected] with the domain name and last four digits of their credit card number within 30 days of the order and request a refund.
The company will try to reply and resolve their issue as soon as possible.
The employees of the company are available on live chat 24/7. The company provides us the toll-free numbers (201)605-1440 or (877)566-8398.
You can also check our research on storage VPS services as they are cheap and provide excellent support
5. NameCheap VPS [Starting $7.88] Linux Server
We have read almost all the information about Interserver, now let’s dive deep into what NameCheap VPS plans have to offer us. NameCheap was founded all the way back in 2000 by Richard Kirkendall. Over the past 21 years, they have supported almost 3 million customers.
Features of NameCheap VPS
- Pulsar Linux is the most popular VPS provided by the company. It offers 2 CPU cores, 2GB RAM, 40GB SSD, and 1000GB bandwidth.
- Quasar Linux is the best VPS provided by the company. It offers 4CPU core, 6GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 3000 GB bandwidth.
Pricing of NameCheap VPS
|Pulsar Linux VPS||Quasar Linux VPS|
As you can see the monthly prices are quite high as compared to the quarterly prices. But if we see the yearly prices then they are the least we are getting.
If the user has recently shifted from shared or dedicated hosting to VPS then they should opt for the monthly plan. Though the prices are high if they won’t find their comfort in that at least they can shift.
But if the user is already an expert in VPS then they can select the plans wisely.
WHICH ARE THE CHEAPEST VPS OF NAMECHEAP?
The above table clearly depicts that the Pulsar Linux VPS Yearly plan is the cheapest of all of them. One can clearly go for it. The features provided in all the Pulsar Linux plans are the same. So if the user is willing to buy the yearly plan then he can select it.
The data center is located in the USA, UK, and Europe. It is advised to choose a data center that is near to the user. It will help him connect better with the people and will allow them to do their work faster.
- Services must be canceled before we issue a refund.
- No refund will be made if your services are terminated.
- All the refunds will be processed in U.S. dollars- the customer will bear sole responsibility for any fluctuation in exchange rates. This will not be a headache for the company.
- Any processing fee(s) will be deducted from the refund.
The company has clearly explained its refund policy on its official website. For more: Namecheap.com – Refund Policy
The customer support service of this company is fantastic. They include training and development managers, quality assurance analyst, and operational leaders.
They provide the best of their services and are willing to bring everything to the table you need. The team likes to joke and have fun with the customers so that their energy to work doesn’t go down.
6. ScalaHosting [Starting- $29.95] Windows and Linux Server
We used ScalaHosting for one of our client’s projects as he was a beginner and hardly knew server management. Almost 2 years now, he is satisfied and acknowledges the ease of server management. They use cloud infra which is more safe and more reliable.
There has been a lot of competition among all the companies and ScalaHosting takes away the competition to another level. We already have read about many hosting companies. Now let’s take a view of what ScalaHosting has to offer to us.
Starting in 2007, the main focus of the company was to make VPS hosting a resource that anyone including students, developers, businesses, and large-scale teams can use to build amazing things on the web.
The company claims that every website owner in the world can finally have their own cloud VPS, but no one can match their offers in any case. In the past 4 years, they have tried to develop everything even better.
Features of ScalaHosting VPS
- Linux Start plan – 2 CPU cores, 4GB RAM, 50GB SSD
- Linux Advanced plan – 4 CPU cores, 8GB RAM, 80GB SSD
- Linux Business plan – 8 CPU core, 16GB RAM, 160GB SSD
- Linux Enterprise plan – 16 CPU core, 32GB RAM, 320GB SSD
- Windows start plan– 2 CPU cores, 8GB RAM, 80GB SSD
- Windows advanced plan– 2 CPU cores, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD
- Windows business plan– 4 CPU cores, 8GB RAM, 160GB SSD
- Windows enterprise plan- 8 CPU core, 12GB RAM, 200GB SSD
The best part is that you get VPS with unlimited bandwidth when you choose Scala Hosting.
Pricing of ScalaHosting VPS
Linux VPS Plans:
The entry-level plan offers you 4GB of RAM and 2 core CPUs, so even if the pricing seems costly, it is actually not. You must grab it if you are looking for Cloud infra and more resources. If you don’t have that requirement, you can skip this and choose the ones that we mentioned above.
The original price of the Linux start plan is $39.95/month after which a 25% discount is available after which the price remains $29.95/month.
The pricing offers you an in-house cloud. You can also choose AWS or Digitalocean, but frankly speaking, they are costly.
Windows VPS Plan:
The price of Windows starts from $26.00/month. Its advanced plan is available at $30.00/month. The business plan is available at $42.00/month and the enterprise plan is available at $68.00/month. No discount is available on these plans.
WHICH IS THE CHEAPEST VPS OF SCALAHOSTING?
The cheapest VPS ScalaHosting plan is the Linux start plan which is available at $9.95/month after a discount of 50%. The company provides this huge discount to attract as many customers as possible.
Also, this amount of discount is only available when the customer takes the plan straight for 36 months.
The server of ScalaHosting is available in the United States and Europe. The user can decide on its data center while choosing the plan. The plan will be activated likewise.
- They offer a money-back guarantee for new clients only.
- If you cancel a request within 30 days of purchasing VPS hosting, cloud server, and SSL certificates then only your money will be refunded.
- If the payment is not done within 15 days then services will be terminated.
- The employees for pre-sales are available from Monday to Friday. Timings are 2:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
- The employees for billing are available from Monday to Friday. Timings are 2:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Technical support is available 24/7. You can mail them to [email protected]
- For abuse, you can mail them at [email protected]
Bonus Recommendation: High Performing Liquid Web [Starting $15.00] Windows and Linux Server
So many hosting services compete to be the cheapest, but very few try to be the best. Liquid Web is one of those exceptions.
They provide high-performance hosting with excellent support. But that doesn’t come cheap.
The company believes the more technology we need to fuel our business, the more expert and caring people we need. So the company provides the best of its customer service.
Features of Liquid Web VPS
- Plan 1: they offer 2GB RAM, 2vCPU, 40GB SSD, 10TB bandwidth.
- Plan 2: here they offer 4GB RAM, 4vCPU, 100GB SSD, 10TB bandwidth.
- Plan 3: it provides 8GB RAM, 8vCPU, 150GB SSD, 10TB bandwidth.
- Plan 4: it offers 16GB RAM, 8vCPU, 200GB SSD, 10TB bandwidth.
- Plan 1: it provides 4GB RAM, 4v CPU, 100GB SSD, 10TB bandwidth.
- Plan 2: it provides 8GB RAM, 8v CPU, 150GB SSD, 10TB bandwidth.
- Plan 3: it provides 16GB RAM, 8v CPU, 200GB SSD, and 10TB bandwidth.
Pricing of Liquid Web VPS
- Plan 1: the price of this plan is $15.00/month.
- Plan 2: the price of this plan is $25.00/month.
- Plan 3: the price of this plan is $35/month.
- Plan 4: the price of this plan is $95.00/month.
- Plan 1: the price of this plan is $54.00/month.
- Plan 2: the price of this plan is $74.00/month.
- Plan 3: the price of this plan is $135.00/month.
WHICH IS THE CHEAPEST VPS OF LIQUID WEB?
The cheapest VPS of the liquid web is Linux plan 1 which is of $15.00/month [after discount]. One can avail of this plan according to their needs. This might not be the cheapest option but it is a very good option as the company offers many good features related to this.
Liquid Web is a cloud and managed hosting provider that delivers IT solutions to customers in North America and Europe.
The company operates a handful of data centers located in Lansing, Phoenix, and Amsterdam serving an excess of 32,000 customers spanning 150 countries.
1. Liquid Web doesn’t offer any money-back guarantee for its managed WordPress hosting.
2. In fact it only offers refunds for cloud VPS plans.
As I talked to them on live chat and the response was quick. Also, the information provided by them was up to the mark. My queries are about doubts that were resolved within the specific time frame.
Customers can avail of any type of service whether it is technical, related to billing, or any other query. The service center is open 24/7 and they provide the service live chat and email.
VPS Pricing by LiquidWeb is justified if you look at overall offerings.
Cheap Windows VPS Hosting That We Recommend
Not all companies provide a Windows VPS as it is not a cheap server. Out of these 6 companies mentioned above only Hosten, Interserver, Scalahosting, and Liquid Web provide Windows servers.
Of all these, the cheapest Windows VPS server is Hostens which is $4.50/month.
Cheap Linux VPS Hosting That We Recommend
Every company provides a Linux VPS server as it is the cheapest of all. The companies get this OS for free, however, server maintenance cost and control panel fee makes them costly.
Price Vs Features Comparison for Affordable VPS Providers
We have now ranked the VPS basis the pricing, from low to high.
|VPS Provider||Price||Ram||Disc space||Bandwidth|
FAQs about Cheapest VPS
VPS is a short form for Virtual Private Server. VPS hosting is one of the most popular hosting types you can choose for your website. It uses virtualization technology to provide you with dedicated resources on a server with multiple users.
It is a more secure and stable solution than shared hosting where you don’t get a dedicated server space. However, it’s a smaller scale and cheaper than renting an entire server.
VPS hosting is usually chosen by website owners who have medium-level traffic that exceeds the limit of shared hosting plans but still don’t need the resources of dedicated servers. VPS hosting usually offers more than one hosting plan.
VPS technology is similar to creating partitions on your own computer when you want to run more than one OS (eg. windows and Linux) without a reboot. Learn more about the difference by visiting our article on VPS vs shared vs cloud vs dedicated hosting.
No, Cloud is an advanced server type that is better than VPS. The cost of cloud servers is higher than VPS.
VPS can have large RAM, CPU, and Storage that are distributed between multiple websites. Your share of VPS resources is termed SLICE. Like 1 GB RAM, 1 Core CPU, 20 GB HDD, etc.
No, VPS hosting is not free at all. You can get shared hosting for free. You can still avail of a free trial of VPS.
The best Windows VPS costs you around $4.5 per month and can go upto $20.
Hostens is the best and cheap Windows VPS that starts at just $4.5.
Windows Server 19 and Windows Server 16 are the best and latest options available.
Ubuntu and CentOS are the best Linus operating system for VPS.
Facts About VPS
There are a few potential problems that you may encounter when using a cheap virtual private server (VPS):
- Issues related to Performance: Infra, RAM, CPU, and Storage used to create. a server is important. If the physical server experiences issues, it can impact the performance of your VPS.
- Security: Sometimes, cheap VPS hosting may be less secure as regular backups, and firewalls are costly. This means that if one user’s VPS is compromised, it could potentially affect the security of other users’ VPS on the same server.
- Maintenance: VPS hosting requires ongoing maintenance to ensure that it is functioning properly and to apply updates and patches. This can be a time-consuming task, and if you are not familiar with server maintenance, you may need to hire a specialist to handle it.
Overall, while VPS hosting can offer many benefits, it is important to be aware of these potential issues and to choose a hosting provider that can offer the support and resources you need to address them.
Cheap Vs Costly VPS: Should You Buy a Cheap VPS?
Read this before you buy cheap VPS.
A virtual private server (VPS) is a type of hosting that allows you to host your website or application on a virtual server that is isolated from other users. VPS hosting can be either cheap or costly, depending on the features and resources included in the hosting plan.
Generally, cheap VPS hosting plans tend to have fewer resources and features compared to more costly plans. This means that they may be suitable for smaller websites or applications with lower traffic and resource requirements. Cheap VPS hosting plans may also have more limited technical support and may not offer as many advanced features as more expensive plans.
On the other hand, costly VPS hosting plans tend to offer more resources and advanced features, such as higher CPU and RAM allocations, more storage space, and more flexibility in terms of customization and scalability.
These types of plans may be suitable for larger websites or applications with higher traffic and resource requirements, as well as for businesses that need more advanced features and support.
Ultimately, the decision between a cheap or costly VPS hosting plan will depend on your budget and the specific needs of your website or application. It’s important to carefully consider your resource and feature requirements and choose a plan that meets your needs and budget.
Conclusion: Which VPS Host is the Cheapest in 2023?
As per our experience, we recommend various hosting plans to a lot of our clients across the globe. Before recommending you, we test the hosting providers and also collect feedback from our customers.
A cheap Linux VPS may start from 50 cents a month, but is your data safe there? Will your visitors get that speed? All these challenges you must account for before choosing a service.
If you are looking for the cheapest VPS, we recommend Hostens‘ small Linux VPS plan which is $1.80/month. They provide 20GB disc space, 2TB bandwidth, 2GB RAM memory, and 1 CPU core.
For Cheap managed VPS, we recommend is ScalaHosting as it is based on the cloud and uses its own as well as the DO platform.
All companies mentioned here will provide you with cheap Windows VPS hosting as well as Linux VPS.
- 6 Best VPS for Gaming in 2023
- Best Black Friday Deals of 2023
- Quillbot Black Friday Deals 2023: Try A Better Product
- Contabo Black Friday 2023 Deals: Don’t Miss Out on Exclusive Discounts!
- How To Start a Resume Website In 2023
- Instagram Threads: A New Super Social Platform In The Industry!
- 5 Best Tools To Make Money Online With Guaranteed Security
- 5 Key Elements To Build A Great Mortgage Website
- Shopify Free Trial 2023: 3 Days Free, 90 Days For $1 Only
- 304 Status Code: Meaning and Ways to Resolve it
About Author: Vishesh Gupta
Seasoned Professional with 15 years of experience in Sales and Marketing. Entrepreneur, Consultant and Blogger helping people earn through jobs and blogging. Experienced Hosting Reviewer who likes to collect detailed info about existing players and share it with my audience. Previously worked with leading Banks and Telecom Companies.
I completed my Masters in Management with specialization in Finance and Marketing.
Visit our Hosting Review and Blogging Guide for more interesting articles.
Pro Tip: For more discounts on VPS, don’t miss out our article on Black Friday VPS sale.